- 10+ years project management & related documentation
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams
- 5 years managing digital product lines
- Third-party vendor diligence and management
- Key contributor to marketing and social media strategy
- Establishing and tracking key success metrics & data-based decision making
- Web design and information architecture experience, including usability testing
- Mentoring and managing direct reports
THE SEATTLE TIMES, Seattle WA | 2000 – Present
Business Development Manager – News Content
Digital Product Manager
Defined product roadmaps to meet established corporate goals. Responsible for setting and meeting KPIs around conversion rates, profit and improving internal operations. Prioritized and led projects with cross-functional team members, releasing bug fixes, new & backlogged features and functionality. Championed user experience while balancing against business objectives. Authored business proposals, requirements, specifications and project plans. Facilitated and fostered communication between development teams, customers and business stakeholders. Managed multiple vendor relationships and associated contract negotiations.
Developed quarterly project roadmap and managed daily operations for the top revenue category in online division. Led cross-functional teams to implement new features and functionality. Defined and executed content strategy, managing and editing freelance content.
Associate Producer / Webmaster
First tier support for website customers. Verified (or reproduced), documented, prioritized and tracked issues for resolution. Managed General Classifieds website and small / medium sized projects as directed by Sr. Producer.
NEWSDATA CORP, Seattle WA | 1992 – 2000
Internet Operations Manager
Managed day-to-day design and production of corporate website and digital publications covering the energy industry & conservation. Supervised staff and external contractors to complete projects. Accountable for deadlines, operations and site quality, user-interface design including IA maps, wireframes and project plans and specifications.
Previous job titles at NewsData: Web Producer, Office Manager
Web site consultant and designer
I have consulted with various organizations to develop Web solutions and strategies. Deliver recommendations, project plans and visual design mockups. Perform front end web development: HTML and graphics production. Ongoing maintenance and marketing/SEO consultation. Key clients: Million Mom March Seattle, KIDS, My Personal Chef, Hatch Design.
- Adobe Site Catalyst
- CMS (working experience with Drupal, WordPress, & custom news publishing system)
- Google analytics
- HTML & CSS
- MS Office Suite
- MS Project
- MS SharePoint
- MS Visio
- B.A. English with writing emphasis, University of Washington
- Currently enrolled in Human Centered Design & Engineering graduate certificate program, University of Washington
- Conceived and implemented chat sponsorship supporting sales team to bring in new revenue in sports channel
- I Increased revenue in video program 300% within six months of taking ownership
- As product manager on local advertising product line, I increased profits 25% by reducing vendor costs, finding efficiencies and launching multiple new feature creating incremental revenue of more than $200K
- NWjobs.com won two EPpy awards, and was nominated for a Webby while I was producer of the site
- I have led multiple, large-scale website rebrands and redesigns